How to keep your heart healthy, Just like other muscles, your heart is one of the most important muscles in your body, so why not take care of it? You cannot control some factors when it comes to heart health, such as aging and genetics, However, there are things you can understand how to keep your heart healthy.
Here are some tips on how to keep your heart healthy!
High levels of cholesterol can lead to fatty deposits in the tubes around your heart, leading to heart disease. Everyone’s risk factors are different, so consult your healthcare provider about your risk factors and follow your healthcare provider’s instructions to get your cholesterol under control.
If you are being monitored/ treated for diabetes, Make sure to check your blood sugar levels regularly. It is important to keep blood sugar levels under good control to help reduce the risk of heart disease. The great news is that you can do a lot to prevent/delay getting type 2 diabetes.
Despite being high in fat, nuts are amazingly nutritious and healthy.
They’re stuffed with magnesium, V’E, fiber, and various other nutrients.
Studies prove that nuts can help you lose weight and may help fight type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
Some proof also recommends that this food can boost metabolism:
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits.
- Drink a good amount of water.
- Avoid processed foods and foods with added sugars.
- Eat foods that are high in soluble fiber, such as beans, oatmeal, and apples, to name a few. Soluble fiber can help lower cholesterol by attaching to cholesterol in the intestines and removing cholesterol from the body.
- Do not consume more than 2,400 milligrams of sodium per day. If you have high blood pressure, limit your sodium intake to at most 1,500 milligrams per day.
- Be mindful of your portions. It is not usual to eat portions that are greater than a serving size, which increases the number of calories consumed, which in turn, can lead to weight gain. When snacking, measure out the serving size, and eat your snack from a plate or bowl rather than out of the box or bag.
- Servings, on the other hand, are how much you choose to eat or drink. Forex: a serving size of bread is usually one slice; rice or pasta is usually ½ cup cooked; meat, turkey, or fish is usually 2–3 measures.
- In this blog, we understood how to keep your heart healthy.